Leader team finalized!We've confirmed our student leader team for the year and assigned staff mentors to groups of them. One of the things I'm most excited about with the new school year is getting to spend time with my guys! I'll try to get a photo of them in the next few weeks to include in my next update.
One of the guys I'm especially excited about is Tony. He's an Indian international student who grew up in Zambia. His passion for the Lord and servant's heart consistently blow me away - I can confidently say that I believe God will do amazing things through Tony this year.
|Danielle, me, and Tony in Bellingham, WA during our SICM trip in May|
Please pray for...
- Outreach during the first couple weeks of school. This two-week time frame is critical for meeting people and welcoming them into meaningful friendships. The friends people make during this time typically determines who they spend their time with during the rest of the year. Also, many students end up not making any good friends during their first year of college. Our goal is to offer deep friendship to as many people as possible and see what God does. This requires boldness for many of our students as they meet new people. Please pray for them to be filled with the Holy Spirit, "for the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."
- Our leader team.
- Pray for them to be given strength and endurance for the work the Lord has prepared for them this year.
- Pray for them to be given direction through the Spirit, that they wouldn't simply follow their own desires or try to please the staff, but God alone.
- Pray also that our team, community, and other believers on campus would be unified in Christ so that all who see us will know we belong to Jesus by our love for one another.
- Incoming students & students who don't have community. Pray for these students to be connected with a Christian friend who can reveal God's goodness to them. Pray big: that God would bring about revival in His people on the college campuses so that all would have the opportunity to know Him more this year.
THANK YOU for your prayers and continued support of the ministry we do on DFW college campuses! It is encouraging to know many of my friends and family are praying as my team and I step foot onto UNT, TWU, and NCTC in the next few weeks to reach students for the sake of God's Kingdom. Your part in this partnership is vital. I hope that you are encouraged in knowing that! Please continue praying and let me know when I can pray for you as well.
Yours for the Campus,